Saturday, December 1, 2012

Age is Just a Number



As time progresses so too does the average human life span. Eventually, 150 years of age won't be anything unheard of. Who in their right mind would pass up on a chance to live an extra 50 years? I would. I enjoy having a limited time on earth. It makes me value what I have. Sure, I won't be able to see everything there is to see. What I do see though I'll cherish. I feel like the longer you get to live the easier it is to feel less thankful for what you have. People have accomplished more than I ever will in forty years. I'd feel selfish living past 85 years of age. People in underdeveloped countries are starving and I'm eating at a five star restaurant the day before my third lung transplant. A child is going to die because of a lung deformity and I'm getting one so I can attend my great grand daughters graduation. Life is great because you know you have to make the most of it. I would love being able to see my great great grandkids. I also don't want to be the ancient grandpa who gets drunk and starts preaching about his backwards ideology. Brett Favre would have been better off retiring as a Packer. Michael Jordan was better off retiring as a Bull. You have to go before you out welcome your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment