Saturday, December 1, 2012

Social Ego

Social media is great, don't get me wrong, but only when it's used properly. When nations begin tweeting about a war they're fighting, the line has been crossed. Kids playing in the street are being blown to pieces and you are hashtaging. To me, the only purposes social media have are to keep in contact with old friends and to feel like celebrities are your friends. No one wants to see how many handles of Jack Daniels you drank last night. Don't you know companies use social media as a secondary background check? Twitter has the uncanny ability to make ordinary people feel like celebrities. I don't want to know what you're doing every five seconds of the day. Tweet about something that matters. I want to either laugh, be amazed, or feel inspired. I don't want to see what color your nails are. I would unfollow you, but then you'd unfollow me.

Tweet Wars

No comments:

Post a Comment